Education & Appointments
|Jul 2016 – Jul 2017||University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Sports Medicine Fellowship
|Jun 2014 – Present||Captain, United States Army Reserve
U.S. Army Reserve Medical Corps
|Jul 2011 – Jun 2016||University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
Residency Directors: Todd A. Milbrandt, MD and Carter Cassidy, MD
Residency Chairman: Darren L. Johnson, MD
|Jul 2007 – May 2011||Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
|Jul 1999 – May 2004||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Science (BS), Biology;
Chancellor’s Top 100
Honors & Awards
- Emerging Leader, American Orthopaedic Association (AOA), 2016Ray Neef Memorial (Senior Resident) Award, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, University of Kentucky (UK), 2015 and 2016
- Ray Neef Memorial (Senior Resident) Award, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, University of Kentucky (UK), 2015 and 2016
- UK Healthcare Resident of the Month, November 2015
- Lexington Medical Society Essay Contest Runner-Up, 2015
- Resident Leadership Forum, AOA, 2015
- Outstanding Junior Resident Award, UK Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, 2014
- Best Research Presentation Award, Thomas D. Brower Visiting Professor Symposium, UK Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, 2014
- Intern Teaching Award, UK College of Medicine, 2012.
- Outstanding 4th Year Medical Student Award, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport (LSUHSC-S), May 2011.
- Medical Student Research Grant, LSUHSC-S, 2009-2010.
- SEC Football Academic Honor Roll, 2002.
- Football Letterman, Louisiana State University, 2002.
- Coach’s Award, Varsity Football Team, Louisiana State University, 2001.
- Athletic Director’s Cup Award, Louisiana State University, 1999-2002
- National Merit Scholar, 1999.
Leadership & Committees
|2016-2017||Congressional Ambassador, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)|
|2016 – 2017||Chair, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Resident Assembly|
|2015 – 2017||AAOS Candidate, Resident, and Fellow Committee|
|2015 – 2016||Vice Chair, AAOS Resident Assembly|
|2015 – 2016||Leader, Global Health Initiative Workgroup, AAOS Resident Assembly|
|2015 – 2016||AAOS Annual Meeting Medical Student Program Workgroup|
|2015 – 2016||Health Policy Committee, AAOS Resident Assembly|
|2013 – 2015||Chair and Orthopedic Surgery Representative, House Staff Council, UK Healthcare|
|2013 – 2015||Resident Representative, UK Healthcare Medical Staff Operating Committee|
|2014||UK Healthcare Executive Leadership Team, ACGME Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) Program|
|2013 – 2014||Resident Representative, UK Healthcare GME Committee|
|2010 – 2011||Student Representative, Medical School Admissions Committee, LSUHSC-S|
|2010 – 2011||American Medical Association (AMA) Liaison, Louisiana State Medical Society, Medical Student Section|
|2010 – 2011||Chapter Director, Louisiana State Medical Society, LSUHSC-S|
|2009 – 2011||Medical Curriculum Council, LSUHSC-S|
|2009 – 2010||President, Orthopaedic Surgery Interest Group, LSUHSC-S|
|Feb 2016||Volunteer, Medical Mission Trip to Ambato, Ecuador; Provided orthopaedic surgery services for over 200 local pediatric and adolescent patients|
|Sep 2009 – May 2011||Coordinator, volunteer activities at Shriners Hospitals for Children (Shreveport, LA) for the Orthopaedic Surgery Interest Group|
|Feb 2010||Co-Coordinator, Fund Raiser for Shriners Hospitals for Children (Shreveport, LA); raised $4000 to purchase wheelchairs and medications|
|Nov 2009||Coordinator, Jambalaya Sale; raised $1000 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association|
|Aug 2005 – Sep 2005||Volunteer, Red Cross field hospitals in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina|
|May 2001 – Jun 2001||Volunteer, Medical Mission Trip to South Africa; taught HIV/AIDS awareness to 5000 students at over 40 high schools|
|Mar 2000||Volunteer, Medical Mission Trip to Nueva Rosita, Mexico|